Sunday, August 7, 2011

Tips for parents having their oldest child go to collge for the first time?

My eldest daughter Alivia and I have always been pretty close and I am just struggling with her leaving for college in 18 days! She is only going to be three hours away, and I can tell she's THRILLED to be going. We have done almost all of her shopping - I have to admit, although I tried to save money and be frugal and smart, I did indulge on some things so my "baby" would be comfortable! I really am nervous and scared. I need physical, concrete advice - none of this "understand that it's a great experience". I KNOW she's going to love it, I am so proud of her, but what do you suggest for keeping in touch, how much money to give her each month, handle my emotions? Making move-in day smooth and hopefully tear-free? Do I leave her younger siblings home?

No comments:

Post a Comment