Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Do I have the right manifold?

I have a 1973 jeep j2000. It has a 360 V8. I was changing the 2 barrel carb to a 4 barrel carb. While doing this I am trying to install a Edelbrock performance manifold. When I put it on the first time it was tough. Seems like the screws didn't want to go right in. After a little finesse they went in, but only after pulling out the valley pan gasket and not using the front and rear manifold gaskets, just using RTV. That worked for about a week then it started leaking again. After further examination of the manifold that I bought I noticed the edelbrock manifold only had 3 water ports. The manifold I pulled off had 4 and the engine has 4. Could this be why the manifold fits but only with a little coaxing? Seems like it should just bolt right on. Could the Manifold I purchased be for a jeep CJ or jeep 2500 instead? Is there a difference?

No comments:

Post a Comment