Monday, August 15, 2011

Why are people dissing Final Fantasy XIII even though they haven't played the game yet?

People just like to moan, they like to think they can do better and that if the game isn't what they want in every aspect then it must be bad. They also like to jump on the complaining bandwagon. These people are of course idiots. So what if it is linear? Personally I'm a bit fed up with all this free roaming business; I want to go from start to end, via specific landmarks without setting the parameters of my journey myself. Free roaming is like reading a book in a random order of chapters then trying to make sense of it all. Roaming around trying to find stuff can get very tedious, linearity is a necessity in all games at some level or another. With regards to Final Fantasy, well FFX suffered from the same criticisms and yes it was linear, yet I think it's one of the best, certainly better than XII. I'll make my own mind up about XIII when I play it.

No comments:

Post a Comment