Sunday, August 7, 2011

Anybody know a lot about sprains?

I've made my back spasm, and didn't realize it until a bit later. Maybe a half an hour. Not the same probably, because my back would twitch constantly until I went to my chiropractor. It almost sounds like it could be a pinched nerve, usually referred to as sciatica. When mine flairs, there are times that I have the shooting pain all down my leg, to the heel. Other times it causes my entire leg to throb with a kind of thrumming pain. Other times my leg will just decide it's not going to work the way it should. I chose a chiropractor because a regular doc would not recommend anything other than pain killers and muscle relaxers. If you're athletic now, you may benefit from an evaluation, and possibly physical therapy. It's possible to suffer injuries and not know for 5 minutes, to 20 years. The body's an odd kind of thing. It all depends on the individual. If you had a high pain threshold back then, you wouldn't have noticed anything right off. Try to see a physician, if you don't like what he says, get a second opinion, and possibly a third and fourth. Never know these days. As for me, I like my chiropractor. I've used darvocet for tooth extractions and the like, but I don't like anything other than the usual Advil or ibuprofen for muscle aches. Once in a car accident, got rear ended and that resulted in whiplash. If it weren't for my chiropractor, I'd likely be on a plethora of drugs that just aren't good. Ask friends and family if they have a regular, or have used a chiropractor. They will usually do a full exam before doing any adjustments. That should include x-rays so they are sure of what it is they are doing. Sorry the answer was so long, but that was a long question. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment